Facebook is the number one social networking website, which connects friends and families all over the world.
However, with using the platform as well as Facebook Messenger, there is a use for small businesses. Users can connect businesses to customers, employees, clients, and even other companies.
Besides this, businesses now make use of Facebook for the same functions you would require public relations. (Learn How to Create a Facebook Page For Your Business)
If you notice one of your employees, clients, or anyone who was noticeable on your Facebook page, there is a chance they may have blocked you, or deleted their profile. Here, you can find out how to unblock someone on Facebook who has blocked you.
If you are trying to add a person, or have sent them a friend request without a reply, there can be some valid reasons instead of them ignoring or they want to block you.
Here you can find the reasons why a person may not be viewable through your Facebook account.
Not accepted friend request
- You may have sent a friend request already
- You may have friend requests pending
Friend limit reached
You can add up to 5,000 people to your Facebook account. More than this, you need to change to a Facebook page.
- To send another request, unfriend someone first
- If the person has following enabled, follow them instead
Businesses may find restrictions here when another party has reached 5,000 friends. For instance, if you have 10 requests waiting for approval and three have 5K friends, then you can only see the name of the seven pending requests.
- You or the person who appears blocked may have changed privacy settings.
- Change settings or try to ask them to send a request
You or They are Blocked
When you block someone, you can’t send or receive friend requests from people. You or they may be placed accidentally on a Facebook blocked list.
How to Get Unblocked On Facebook
If you find yourself, a victim of blocking, it is possible to see the other blocking person’s profile. Here you have the two ways to go about this.
How to See Blocked Profiles with the URL
- Log out of your Facebook account
- Click in the address bar (top of your screen) and delete any web address in there
- Enter the URL of any Facebook account that you suspect has blocked you. The URL will be something similar to this: “www.facebook.com/name,” (“name” will be replaced with the account you’re checking).
- Hit “Enter” to see that blocked person’s Facebook page. If you can see the person’s Facebook page, then the person has blocked you. If you see a Facebook error, they have deleted their account.
Note: If you don’t know the URL for their page, there is no way you can find it.
How to See a Blocked Profile without the URL
- Log out of your Facebook account
- Use any search engine
- Type in the name of the person or business you wish to locate. Use “name Facebook” by replacing “name” with the name of said person or the company. While it is possible to block someone on Facebook, you can’t block them seeing your page from external sources.
- Search through the results to see if you can locate their Facebook account. If you come across an entry for them it is a signal, they have blocked you.
- If there is no listing for their account, they may have deleted their account.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook
- On Facebook, click on the down-arrow icon (top right of the page), and select “Settings”
- To the left side of the Settings page, select “Blocking”
- Find the “Block users” area. Click the blue “Unblock” link next to the name of block users you wish to unblock
- Select “Confirm”, and you can officially unblock that related person
How to Unblock Someone on Messenger
- In the Facebook Messenger app, tap on your photo icon in the top left corner
- Scroll down until you reach “Account Settings”
- Select and then tap on “Blocking”
- When you type names in the text box, you can select the “Block” button to block users.
- Underneath the text box, you can see where you block users.
- To unblock people, click the “Unblock” button next to their name
- Click on the blue “Unblock” button, and you will unblock that related person
Facebook Won’t Let Me Unblock Someone
The main issues when you block someone, or they block you. There is nothing you can do to unblock yourself.
It will be at the discretion of the people blocking whether or not to unblock you. If you feel the block was a mistake, then you may need to contact them. One easy way is if you have their email address, and you can mail them and ask to be unblocked.
Once you begin trying to ask a friend to unblock you, you do need to confirm they did block you in the first place. You also need to consider the reason why they blocked you if they intended to do so.
If you don’t have their email address, it may be possible to use other social media platforms to get in touch. If there are no direct reasons they blocked you, you can ask them to unblock you.
One thing worthy of knowing is the number of users who are ending such social media accounts and stepping up their online privacy. VPN’s are becoming more popular in this band of individuals.
Even if you do not intend to delete your Facebook account, you can gain many benefits from using a VPN every time you are on the internet.
No matter if, you are at home, at work or school, while travelling, or business and using it to keep information private and out of sight.