Today, being a business owner, the importance of getting good customer reviews online is something you appreciate.
The opinions of customers have an essential role to do in building a strong reputation for your business. The reviews can give an individual a better idea about the quality of a product or service.
Reviews may also reveal how a company help centre deals with issues, which arise. It may influence the decision of someone to purchase your product or services immediately.
The most popular platform used for customer reviews is Google, which is the world’s most popular search engine, from here; you can get help, content information and much more.
Even if you have a physical store or location, customers have the chance to make contributions and check out past reviews on Google Maps when they search for directions to your location.
How Do I Manage My Google Reviews?
Google will not allow any review that diverts away from the product or is too personal. Besides this, any person who wants to leave a review on a product or service can do.
When you wish to manage your Google reviews, you can do so from Google Maps or Google My Business.
If you search how to edit a Google review, you will see, it is only the person who wrote it could modify, change the information or delete the review.
Here are the ways you go about this using Google Maps and Google My Business on a PC and a mobile device.
- On a computer
- Navigate maps.google.com
- Enter the business name. Press enter or click search
- Click on Reviews
- If you see a review, you want to reply, click reply and add the information
- Open the Google Maps app on your device
- Enter your business name using search; alternatively, tap the three horizontal lines in the top left
- Tap on your Business Profile
- Tap on Reviews
- Tap’ Reply’ on a review you’d like to reply on the content
Using Google My Business
From a computer
- Navigate to business.google.com and sign in
- For single listings, click ‘Reviews’ that is in the left menu
- Once you see a review, you’d like to give contributions in a reply, click reply.
- Write your response, and then click on ‘Post reply.’
- Open the Google My Business app
- Tap on Customers, and then on Reviews
- When you come to a review you’d like to reply, tap on it to select
- Finish writing your response, and then tap on ‘Send’
Any responses are publicly viewable as coming from your business. They may also not show immediately.
Users who posted the review are notified you have responded. They have a chance to read the reply and edit their review information if there is a need to do so.
Why Can’t I See My Review on Google
- Google places reviews in a queue, and it can take several days until a reviews information is available to read and edit by the composer.
- When you share such reviews, it can help other consumers. You can now check how many individuals check your reviews.
- Inside Google Maps, head to Your Contributions and tap on ‘reviews’
- Toward the top of the screen, you can see the number of individuals have viewed and liked your reviews.
- One way to know there is a delay can be that you see you have several reviews, yet the total amount you can see is less.
You can find a couple of reasons why you can’t see your reviews on Google.
- The customer didn’t write a review – Some consumers don’t have a Google account, and when asked to create one, they cancel what they were doing.
- Poor spelling and grammar – Google help centre can filter poorly written reviews because of spelling and grammar.
Where Did My Google Reviews Go?
If you find Google has removed a review, then it will have vanished forever. You can see some reasons why they delete Google review. Here you can see some of the ways Google users find their reviews missing.
- URLs in the review – a URL will help trigger a review for removal as the system thinks it’s spam
- Phone numbers in review – any phone number is a sign of spam, and it can get the system to remove the review. Another way to get Google to remove a review is the inclusion of an email address.
- Reviews in other areas – if you only have reviews on Google My Business and none in any other areas, it can cause the system to delete your review because of spam or over coaching customers
- Duplicates – if there is a word for word review in another area, it could be up for deletion on Google My Business
- Reviews left by Managers – Any review written by a Google account manager can be up for deletion. Customers should leave reviews only
- IP address – If get your review came from your location (IP address the same), it can trigger the spam filter. Likewise, if the review came from too far away, this can help cause the system to delete a review.
Read more: The Business Owners Guide to Local SEO