Pinterest can be a great way to advertise to followers for all manner of businesses, or just for regular users to follow.
However, there are instances when both kinds of users need to clear out some of their Pinterest boards and delete a pin or two.
They may even just want to delete pins that are no longer any use. Some key reasons to delete Pinterest pins are you may have pinned something you realize may land you in trouble, and it goes against the Pinterest community guidelines or rights reserved copyright-protected content.
Get a FREE Trial of Tailwind and $15 Credit and Grow your Pinterest Account Today!
Alternatively, you make a glaring mistake in your wording, and spelling mistakes will affect the performance of your pins.
Lastly, if you are to the stage of being an influencer, then there may be pins that are showing outdated offers now the deal has ended.
How to Unpin on Pinterest App
If you know which pins you wish to remove, you can do this very easy on either using your web browser or by using the Pinterest app on your mobile device.
Here are the steps to delete your pins in the mobile app.
- Open the Pinterest app in your browser or your mobile device and sign in to your Pinterest account to take you to your Pinterest home page.
- Select the board or the pin page with the pins you want to delete
- Tap “Select” in the top right corner of your page or the app
- Select the pins, or board you want to be deleted. You will see a black outline appear around your selected pin
- Select or tap on the trashcan icon
- Confirm by tapping or click on Delete
How to Delete Multiple Pins on Pinterest
It can be time-consuming going through your Pinterest home page to the account settings of your Pinterest account to get rid of pins one by one. Luckily, you can carry out the bulk deletion of any unwanted pins you may have.
Here’s how to remove multiple pins from a desktop:
- Select ‘Boards’
- Select any boards that have pins you want to be deleted
- Click on your Filter icon toward the top right corner of your screen
- Click Select Pins to Move or Delete
- Select all the pins you want to be deleted
- You will see a red outline appear around any selected pins
- Once you have finished selecting, check what you have chosen and then tap the red ‘Delete’ button located on the top portion of the board
- Confirm ‘Delete’ to finish the process.
My Pinterest Boards Not Showing Up
Although Pinterest uses a cloud-based service that they own and manage all the uploaded shares, once you delete them, there is no sure-fire way you can retrieve them.
Restore from Backup
If your shared or sent Pinterest boards to happen to link via your email address or social network account, these steps are restoring from a backup.
- Open your email inbox and search for the link to the deleted board
- Click on the link, and you will see a message saying the board has been deleted.
- Click on the restore button, and you will see your deleted board showing up in your dashboard under the ‘Owned by me’ section
Recover Group Boards
- If you are after a group board that is no longer showing in your account, you may no longer follow the group, or the group creator removed it or closed their Pinterest account.
- Either you can contact the group owner to send an invite, or you can submit another join request.
Secondary Pinterest Account
There are some instances where users have more than one account. If this happens, some pins may be in one of the other accounts rather than the primary one.
The way to resolve this is to list all the email addresses you use and then attempt logging in with each. You may find one that lets you access your account and Pinterest home page.
It can take a while to get to the email you can use to login if you have multiple, yet you can get back any pin hidden in this account and also see who you follow in that particular account.
Read more: How to Remove Followers on Pinterest