Pinterest is highly advantageous for entrepreneurs, bloggers, or large corporations. It is boggling, the number of businesses and bloggers, who are seeing huge success with the Pinterest marketing gold mine.
You can find that 70% of all pins that are saved on Pinterest stem from businesses. For anyone who has a business, or using Pinterest to grow their online presence, then you may be missing out.
However, as good as the numbers are for global users and followers, not everyone wants all the followers they have, or at least they wish they could have better and more active ones.
In the same way as other social media, more followers of your profile equates to more credibility, yet as Pinterest is so visual, it can mean much more.
Here you can learn how to block or unblock followers, and how to make your Pinterest boards private. With this, you can then control your Pinterest followers and make the most of your Pinterest marketing efforts.
How to Get Followers on Pinterest
You may be one of the many who wonder how to get Pinterest followers. Much of any person’s success is down to engagement. Besides, if you can learn how to outsmart the Smartfeed, you can have many Pinterest users coming your way.
However, the main ways as we saw to boost your Pinterest account activity are being present and being engaged (followers who don’t participate, we will get to later).
Here are some ways to stir up interest in your Pinterest business account profile.
1. Be Active
- Carry out manual pinning regularly
- Head to ‘Trending’ pages as well as the ‘Explore,’ and then re-pin from those locations you see of other people
- If someone has a ‘Board to follow’ in your feeds, then you ought to follow them if they are relevant to you.
- Manually pin other people’s pins
2. Follow Followers
Never sit waiting for people to see and want to follow you. An easy method, to get followers, is to select your competitor’s followers; and follow them.
How to Block Someone on Pinterest
One issue users find is that some followers are stagnant and don’t participate. While numbers of people connected to your account are good, you need active followers.
Unfortunately, like many other social media sites, when you look at how to delete followers on Pinterest, you will find it isn’t possible. Pinterest users can follow and sit there doing nothing until they decide to leave.
However, you now can block followers who are not an actively engaged follower. Using the ‘block button,’ you can cut down on content you want people to see which are irrelevant to your feeds.
It is straightforward to make sure someone is blocked from accessing your Pinterest pages.
- Head to the ‘Pinterest users profile’
- Click the ‘more’ button
- In the drop-down menu, click ‘block’
Note: The blocked follower isn’t notified automatically. Besides, you no longer have the small flag icon in the bottom right corner.
How to Unblock Someone on Pinterest
On occasion, you may have blocked someone because of a grudge or misunderstanding. In some instances, you may even block a person by mistake.
Luckily, the block isn’t permanent, and you can easily make users Pinterest unblocked with the click of a few buttons.
- Navigate to the blocked Pinterest users profile
- Select the ‘More’ button (three dots…)
- Click unblock
How to Make a Pinterest Board Private
Only you and others you may invite can see a ‘private’ or more ‘secret’ board. If you have any secret pins and boards, they will not be shown anywhere in your home feed, or any other area connected to your Pinterest account.
If you wish to make a new secret board, all you have to do is create a board and change it to “Secret” as you name it.
Instructions for iOS and Android Pinterest App
- Tap on ‘Saved’ in the bottom-right corner of your screen to take you to your profile
- Select and hold on the board you wish to make private (three dots will appear)
- Next, slide your finger over the ‘Edit’ icon. It turns red once your finger is in position, and you will see the word “Edit” on your screen. Lift your finger off the screen
- Tap on the toggle button next to ‘Keep board secret,’ and doing so will make the board private or secret and out of sight of anyone who isn’t invited.
Note: It is as easy to follow the same steps to make the board public again
Web instructions are:
- In your profile, select Boards
- Click the pencil icon on the board to make secret
- Select ‘keep this board secret’
- Click save
Many Pinterest users who make use of secret boards are often privacy motivated and use a VPN when they are dealing with their business. You can find many benefits using such a VPN service as all your communications to Pinterest, and other areas will be encrypted fully.
When you save Pins on secret boards, the person where the pin was saved won’t get a notification and the Pin’s count doesn’t increase.
Saving pins from secret boards won’t show the names of the person you saved it.
When you wish to share a secret board, you can invite your friends or followers to collaborate; alternatively, you can make the board public.
All it takes to make the board public is to toggle off ‘Secret’ in your board settings.
How to Unfollow on Pinterest
If you want to unfollow people you are following that you can’t see is showing you any benefit, it is straightforward to unfollow them.
- Open the Pinterest app
- Tap on your icon of your profile, click on following (different location on iOS or Android)
- Tap on boards/ pins depending on your device
- Underneath any board you follow, tap ‘Unfollow’ and you will immediately stop following that board.