Other people may use your mobile device to log into the social media site, and you won’t be able to delete their account because Instagram saved their login information.
Using a mobile device or a PC, use the steps listed below to delete one or more remembered accounts from Instagram.
Even if you don’t see this option, you can log out of all logged-in accounts on your Android smartphone by going to the Instagram app settings and clearing Cache and App Data. (Read Best Pool Captions for Instagram)
How to remove Instagram remembered accounts?
To remove remembered accounts, open the Instagram app and follow the instructions outlined below:
- To access your profile page, tap the profile icon in the bottom-right corner.
- To access the hamburger menu, tap the hamburger menu symbol.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to locate your account’s logout option (if you have multiple accounts logged in).
- You’ll be asked whether you’re sure you want to log out of Instagram. Press the Log Out button.
- Reopen Instagram and go to the account login page. You’ll be prompted to log back in as the account from which you just logged out. Remove the item by pressing the Remove button.
- You’ll be asked whether you’re sure you want to delete the account. Remove the item, and you’re done.
Clearing out remembered Instagram accounts by deleting app data
If the previous technique doesn’t work for you, you can remove Instagram’s app data from your phone settings. This will delete all logged-in accounts as well as all saved accounts and credentials from your app.
- Open your device, go to the Apps and Notifications section of your phone’s settings.
- Select Show all apps from the drop-down menu and select Instagram from the list. Instagram will appear among your recent apps if you’ve recently used it.
- Tap on Storage and cache once you’ve arrived at the app’s settings screen.
- To erase all the data, your app has stored, tap the Clear storage button.
- This should log out all of your app’s active accounts. You’ll have to use your login credentials the next time you log in.
Removing remembered accounts from Instagram using your browser
Here’s how to delete the remembered accounts if you’re using Instagram on a PC.
Step 1: To begin, go to the Instagram login page. A list of all active accounts will appear, along with a Manage accounts button. If you click it, you’ll be able to delete any accounts you don’t want.
Step 2: Remove each account from the browser by clicking the cross button in front of it. To save your changes, click the Done Editing button after you’re finished.
How to Remove Saved Login Info on Instagram iOS App?
The Instagram iOS app stores your logins, but unlike the Android app, you can’t just delete saved login information from the login page; instead, you have to dig deep into settings to find the option. In the Instagram app, there are two scenarios where you might want to erase your accounts’ login information. (Learn How Do You Know If Someone Unfriended You On Snapchat)
- You have many accounts logged in simultaneously and want to delete one or all of them.
- You have one account and want to delete any saved login information.
1. Remove Saved Login Information for Multiple Instagram Accounts
The majority of people have numerous Instagram accounts, including personal and professional accounts. It’s simple to delete numerous Instagram accounts if you have many accounts logged in. Log out of your account and proceed to the Login Page.
- On the login screen, you’ll notice many accounts, as illustrated in the figure below. Select “Edit” from the drop-down menu. Every account now has a tiny x button next to the login button. To log out of your account, press the x button.
- To delete the account’s login information, tap the Remove button—rep for all of the accounts you’d like to be deleted.
2. Remove a single account’s “Login Info.”
- Log in to your Instagram account through the app to deactivate your account. Tap your Avatar button in the lower right corner of the app to go to the Profile Page. Now, on the upper right, tap the Hamburger button.
- By tapping the Gear button, you may access the Settings menu. Select Security Settings from the list of options on the Settings page.
- On the list, press the Saved login information option to show its options. Turn off the switch next to ‘Saved Login Information’ by tapping it.
- The toggle switch turns off the automated password saving feature and allows you to delete any previously saved login information.
- It will prompt you to touch the red LogOut button once more. You’ve successfully logged out of Instagram, and your information is no longer saved in the app.
3. Remove the Facebook App
Using the previous two methods, If you had the Facebook app installed and your Instagram account is linked to your Facebook account, You wouldn’t be able to get in without entering the password. To clear all traces, you must uninstall the Facebook app from your iPhone. (Read What Does OBJ Mean on Facebook)
Facebook owns the Instagram app. This implies that Instagram users can log in using their Facebook credentials or account details. If you use your Facebook credentials to log in to Instagram, you can quickly delete your Instagram remembered account from your smartphone.
- Log out of your Facebook account in the app. When you launch the Instagram app after this, you’ll find that your Instagram account will be logged out as well. Because you don’t have a Facebook account to connect to, Instagram will manually ask you to enter your login information.
- You can use your Facebook app to log in after manually logging in. Your Instagram and Facebook accounts will be separated. If you don’t preserve your login details by following the steps outlined above, you’ll have to log into Instagram manually.
Remember to repeat the process for all of the accounts you want to remove.