Grubhub and other food delivery apps are addicting because they make ordering simple. They provide you with a menu of local eateries to choose from. They deliver within minutes when the business is open.
It’s no surprise that consumers enjoy using the app to watch their progress of the delivery. And expect its delightful delicacies before they arrive. But, there are many reasons to delete your grab account.
Although Grubhub does not provide a direct way for users to deactivate their accounts, we have prepared ways for you to follow. But before that, check first the reasons in this article.
Possible Reasons Why You Delete Your Grubhub Account Permanently
- The company is sending out spam emails.
- For your current budget, there is far too much convenience.
- Your phone is becoming overloaded with too many applications and it needs data deletion.
How to Delete Grubhub Account
Your account can be deleted by contacting Grubhub customer service. The four methods for getting Grubhub customer service to remove your Grubhub account are listed below.
You can cancel your Grubhub account by contacting customer support via the Grubhub website, email, or phone.
Method 1: Delete your Grubhub account from the Grubhub website
Another option for deactivating your Grubhub account is to create a support ticket on the Grubhub site. To submit a ticket to customer help via the website, follow the simple steps below:
- Navigate to the Manage your Data area of Grubhub.
- Submit a request under ‘Delete your personal information.
- If you arrive at the screen “Verify your email,” enter your email address and click “Verify my email.”
- To submit a request, click “Submit Request.”
- Select “Delete.”
- You will receive a confirmation alert.
Once you make the request, it may take up to 45 days for your account to be deleted . You may continue to access your Grubhub account until it is terminated.
Method 2: Delete Your Grubhub Account through Email
It will take a few days for your Grubhub account to be deleted by email. To delete an email account, follow the instructions below. (Learn How To Rate Someone on Facebook Marketplace)
- Log in to the email address associated with your Grubhub account. Or, you can send the email from any account, but be sure to include your Grubhub email ID in the email’s body section.
- Write an email to email@example.com.
- You can leave the Subject field blank or change it to “REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT DELETION” or “GRUBHUB ACCOUNT DELETION.”
- In the email’s body section, explain why you want to delete your account.
Method 3: Contact customer service to delete a Grubhub account.
Calling Grubhub customer service is another simple approach to end your Grubhub account.
To delete your Grubhub account, you may contact Grubhub customer service at (877) 585-1085 and submit a ticket.
Method 4: Use Twitter to Delete Grubhub Account
If the email fails for whatever reason, you can use your Twitter account instead of your GrubHub account.
- Go to https://twitter.com/grubhub and type in your username.
- Go to your account and log in.
- Select ‘Settings’ and then ‘Tweet to Grubhub.’
- Tweet your username, email address, and the reason for your account cancellation.
- Customer support will contact you to assist you in resolving your issue when you confirm the details.
How Do You Close Your Grubhub Account?
You can cancel your membership if you don’t want to erase your account but would like to take a break from it. Please see the methods below:
- Sign in to Grubhub using your browser’s login information.
- On your computer screen, look for the “Hi, [Your name]!” button in the upper right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Grubhub Plus” as the desired choice.
- Select “Cancel Membership” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Continue Cancellation” option from the drop-down menu.
To end your Grubhub account through the mobile app, complete the steps outlined below:
- Sign in to the Grubhub mobile app.
- At the bottom of your screen, tap “Account.”
- Choose “Grubhub Plus” from the drop-down menu.
- “Cancel Membership” should be selected.
- Select “Continue Cancellation.”
How to Deactivate Grubhub Driver Account Online?
A Grubhub driver’s account cannot be deleted as quickly as a customer account. Instead, you must contact the company’s customer service team. To accomplish this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the Grubhub driver support page for further information.
- Select “Delivery Partners Request Form” from the drop-down menu under “Submit a request.”
- Fill out the form to request the deactivation of your driver’s account information.
- Keep in touch with a member of the support team so that your request may be adequately processed.
Alternatively, you can send an email to Grubhub customer care to deactivate Grubhub account. Take the actions outlined below:
- Log in to the email account that is associated with your Grubhub driver’s profile.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing them that you wish to have a driver’s account removed from the system. Include any more information you believe is necessary.
- Keep in touch with a member of the support team so that your request may be appropriately processed.
Please keep in mind that you cannot remove a driver’s account without first contacting Grubhub support. If you do not use your account for four months in a row, it will be immediately canceled and erased. (Learn How To Block Someone On Paypal)
How to Deactivate an Existing Grubhub Account?
Occasionally, removing an old account is not as simple as it appears. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can contact customer care to request that your data be deleted:
- Log in to the email address associated with your Grubhub account.
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting the deletion of an old account. Include any additional information you believe is necessary.
- Mention “Old Account Deletion Request” or something similar in the subject line.
- Maintain contact with the support team to ensure that your request is resolved.
You may also reset your password and delete your account manually by following the procedures below:
- Visit the Grubhub website’s password reset page.
- Enter your Grubhub account’s email address.
- To reset your password, log into your email and click the link issued by Grubhub.
- Log into your Grubhub account and navigate to the page for data erasure.
- To submit a request, click “Submit request.”
- Select “Delete” to get your personal information deleted from Grubhub.
- A confirmation email will be sent.
How to Delete Grubhub Account of a Deceased Person
You can also call customer support if you’ve lost a loved one and need to terminate their Grubhub account. What you must do is as follows:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you request to delete an account associated with a deceased person.
- Alternatively, you can contact Grubhub’s online chat support.
- Include any documentation that demonstrates the occurrence.
- Contact customer service to have the account deleted.
What Is the Process for Reactivating My Grubhub Account?
Grubhub account termination is permanent — you will need to establish a new one. However, if you previously worked for Grubhub as a driver and your account was deactivated, you can revive it by completing the procedures below:
You must complete this form in order to reactivate your account and restore access to the Grubhub for Drivers app.
- Utilize the same email address that you used to sign in to your account earlier.
- Select Having difficulty signing into the app > I’m getting an error message > I’d want to get my account reactivated.
Note: Please have your current driver’s license, auto insurance, and Grubhub Driver Card on hand to expedite the process. You will be able to select lost or never received if you do not have a Grubhub Driver Card.
- A valid driver’s license
- It must be simple to remember your full legal name and expiration date.
- All four corners must be visible.
- The image should not be hazy.
- Car Insurance – A copy of your identification cards or declarations page must include the following information:
- Your complete legal name
- Proof that your insurance coverage is up to date (expiration date)
- You must provide proof that the policy covers you.
- You do not have to be the primary policyholder, but you must be named on the policy as a covered driver.
- The coverage must cover the vehicle you’ll be utilizing to make deliveries.
- Limits on bodily injury, injury to others, death, and property damage should all be considered.
Any of the methods mentioned above require you to wait a maximum of 45 days before your account is permanently deleted. After submitting a delete request, you will retain access to your account until it is completely erased.
Permanently delete accounts that you no longer require or use is a prudent and suggested practice. This helps minimize your digital footprint and guards against the fraudulent activity that may occur if your account is left dormant.